- All researchers and research students funded by EPSRC must comply with the University of Sheffield policy on Research Data Management
- Include a short ‘data statement’ in your published papers describing how and on what terms any supporting research data may be accessed. This is more easily accomplished if you have a DOI (Digital Object Identifier), or similar identifier, allocated to your data.
- Ensure that the research data supporting your publication is accessible by depositing digital research data in an appropriate data repository service. The University of Sheffield is establishing a Research Data Repository Service, which should be available for EPSRC funded research data later in 2015. Alternatively, you may deposit your data in a discipline specialist repository or a broad based data repository. For more information see the 'Publishing and sharing research data' page of the University's RDM webpages.
- You should consider how non-digital research data may be stored and made accessible in the event of a valid request for access.
- The University will ensure that information describing your data (metadata) is published and made freely available on the internet through a research data catalogue. It is expected that digital research data is allocated a DOI. This may be achieved by registering your data either when data is deposited with the University’s Data Repository Service, or adding a record to the research data catalogue if the dataset is deposited elsewhere. Please see this post for more details.
- If access to data is restricted, the published metadata should provide the reason and summarise the conditions which must be satisfied for access to be granted.
- The University must ensure that the research data supporting your publication is securely preserved for a minimum of 10 years.
Friday, 1 May 2015
EPSRC Expectations are go!
Happy May 1st
If your research is funded by the EPSRC, and you are publishing your outputs from today onwards, the EPSRC Data Expectations (on organisations in receipt of EPSRC funding) require you to comply with the following:-
The EPSRC has issued clarification and guidance on the interpretations of these expectations which may be useful.